Monday 19 May 2014

Nearing the end..

Hola,

Sorry I have not posted in so long!! Recently, I have realised just how intense uwc life can be, with the loss of a friend here life has been a struggle, but I am also very grateful to have such a loving family here and at home around me.

I have finished first year exams woo, so now to start to focus on my next batch of work but first and foremost try to make the most of my last weeks here with people I may never see again. Because of exams I do not have that many pictures for you but I have a few!!



Soooo mum came to stay for Semana Santa... quite a surprise, all last minute booking! Here she is next to the uwccr sign!
We,  my mum and I, went to San Jose for one night and then to Cahuita, a beach on the south Caribbean coast. This is also the beach my residence is named after. We did a lot of things, mainly chill, eat and sunbathe ( from which I got became burnt.... again). Here I am just in land of the Playa Blana, a beach in Cahuita's national park. 

Here is mam strolling down the carribean coast!

Cocktails by the sea!!!

Here is a picture of my E-systems class all dressed as environmental activists!

A stimulation activity for European Week involving crossing boarders within Europe. There was also a lot of delicious European snacks and a royal dinner.
Ice hockey!

Sky Jump CAS!
My first Wendys,( a fast food restaurant, apparently very big on the American side!), here with Sheree.

Semana U, a week of free concerts and amazing music at the University of Costa Rica. 

Me, Dilly and Amiya out for all you can eat sushi! ( Although I was really ill at the time so I just went along and pretended to be a walrus).

Just-finished-exams-trip out to Wokapi, a café, with Camila, Valentina, Clara and Amiya! Here enjoying a smoothie!

Calle 13!!!!! I went to see Calle 13 with Sonambulo as their supporting act. One word: incredible!

On our way to Fería Verde!

Cahutia end of year activity was your typical UWC students dream.... food, food and more food! We had sushi (so.much.sushi), chicken, salad, guacamole, crisps, chocolate cake, sweets and ice cream! Mmmmm.

Me with my ice cream!

Chilling with Sebas, Sam and Amiya.

Cahuita's year book photo, 'We can do it'!!
<3
So now there is only one week left. It can safely say there is not enough time left for all the things I would like to do before the year is up but I am going to try to enjoy myself as much as I can. I shall blog again once the year is up, probably when I am bored in the airport!

Abrazos,
Alison <3

No comments:

Post a Comment